Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Once Upon a Time and . . . . .other scrappy things.


 


There was a time when scrapbooking never really appealed to me.  That is until my daughter became pregnant (who shouldn't have been, but would be), and I realized that this would be the one and only grandchild I shouldn't have, but would.  And somewhere down the road, and on the phone with her, we discussed various ideas on keeping a journal and photographic record of the little tykes adventures in the world.  (I get to think like this because, well, I'm a grandparent!)  His parents may not think this way, but I'm finally the one who gets to sit back and watch, and spoil him as I see fit whenever I can.  So to me, his life will be a series of adventures.  I knew I wanted to chronicle his life into something I could share with him without it being boring.


It finally hit me  that a Fairy Tale would be the best route to carry him through grade school.  But, what to do since all the fairy tale stuff was aimed at little girls.  Then I ran across the "Once Upon a Time" album by "DCWV", did a little looking around and brainstorming, and came up with an idea that would work for a little boy.


So, here are some pics of the pages made for him so far (that was interrupted by the making of the Story Book Gown).




And by the way and along this road, I ran into grunge and with the help of a guy named, Tim Holtz who now owns shares of my bank account (heh,heh), I fell in love with my brand of scrapbooking and ATC and card art.  I make the  stuff, he makes the bucks!
















Books within a book and lots of things to touch and hold after he gets beyond the grabby stage.




Everyone has a make believe role throughout the story based on real life events.


























The cover on the mini book above is made of that wonder stuff, called "Grungdpaper".





And, here you can see another use for Grungepaper in replacing those cheap flimsy paper "splines" that come on some albums.


It makes a very sturdy cover for all those exposed album pages, that can be decorated any way you wish with titles, names or volume numbers.


So, like my life, this is just another work in progress, each of my hobbies shifting over to make room, one for the other as needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave public friendly comments on my posts. Ideas and suggestions on artworks are welcome! Blessings.